David "Rennie" Titus - 1950-2013

All Old Sedberghians, and especially those from the 1960s, will be saddened to hear of the death on December 8th of David (Rennie) Titus.

The following obituary was posted in The Washington Post on December 19th.

DAVID TITUS "Rennie" (Age 64)

Of Sabillasville, MD, died on December 8, 2013 after a two year battle with ALS/Lou Gehrig's disease. He is survived by his loving wife, Mary Riesch, sisters Belinda and Sacha Titus, nephews TJ and Robert Scroggie, and great nieces and nephews.

David also leaves behind many and far flung friends who will miss his humor, friendship, support and integrity. Many have already expressed with awe the way he met the final challenges with dignity, courage and grace.

David was born in London, England when his family was in the diplomatic service He attended Sedbergh School in Montebello, Quebec.

He was a 1971 graduate of New England College and later completed graduate studies at George Mason University.

David worked for Ringling Bros. Barnum and Bailey shows for many years handling the transportation arrangements for the various shows.

David and his wife, Mary, moved to Frederick County, Maryland in 2003 to live a quieter lifestyle in the country where they could enjoy nature and spend more time outdoors. Soon after that David became a realtor for Long & Foster in Frederick. More recently he was a property manager for Long & Foster.

The family would like to thank the doctors and staff at the ALS clinic at George Washington Hospital for their tremendous care and support after his ALS diagnosis. They would also like to thank Hospice of Frederick for their support in the final days before his death.

Private services will be held at a later date.

Donations may be made in David's memory to the ALS Association DC/MD/VA Chapter, at www.alsinfo.org

Those of us who knew Rennie at Sedbergh in the 1960s will remember an active little boy, excited by the out of doors, always with a grin on his face, and a bundle of energy. He loved his life at the school and got on with staff and students. Teaching him, as I did, was a pleasure, for he always showed an interest in the subject, was not afraid to ask questions, and never caused any trouble, in or out of class.

Rennie and I have been in contact again during the last ten years. I knew he had ALS but he always found a way to change the subject and even as recently as two months ago, I had a note from him saying that he would not be able to come to a Montreal lunch but hoped to make the next one.

All of us who knew Rennie send our heartfelt condolences to Mary his family and his friends. We will miss him.